I need some help. I’ve been sick for a very long time. My doctor believed me, but just couldn’t figure out what the root cause was. After more trial and error and tests than I can possibly imagine, he figured out I am allergic to mercury. It’s apparently a rare allergy. I’ve got quite a few silver fillings in my mouth. It turns out they’re loaded with mercury. But, now that I know it’s my fillings making me sick I want them out. My dentist said because of my allergy it’s too dangerous to remove them. I can’t tell you how discouraged I am. I was finally hopeful I could feel healthy and now that hope is dashed…again. Is there any way to get rid of these?
As someone who cares about someone going through a mysterious illness, I understand what you’ve been through. It’s a roller coaster of emotions. You think you have the answer and it turns out to be a false answer…over and over again. So, the fact that you have a definite solution is a huge step. I know you feel discouraged based on what your dentist said, but I want to give you some good news. You CAN get rid of these fillings.
Don’t be too hard on your dentist. He may not have the knowledge of how to do this without you inhaling mercury vapors. He’s trying to protect you. In order to get this done, you’ll likely need to go to a holistic dentist to have them removed safely. They’ll know exactly how to protect you from any mercury vapors and pieces that separate. It’s called a sanitary amalgam removal.
You should feel a difference in your health fairly soon after this is all cleaned out of your system. With such an allergy, you’ll want to make sure you don’t have other metals in any of your restorations. For instance, if you need a dental crown, be sure to get an all-porcelain crown or a zirconia crown, NOT a metal-based crown.
This blog is brought to you by Dr. Ashley Price.